this isn't the first time that i've taken a break from my blog - but it was definitely the longest. i needed it. for those of you who don't know me, i am a full-time PR girl and also a landlord! ryan [my boyfriend of 13 years] and i completely renovated a multi-family house and are now on the hunt for our next investment property [cross your fingers we find the right one soon, because we are BORED]. until we get our next construction project in full swing, #contractorlindsey has some time to get back to writing. let me quickly bring you up to speed. some things have changed since the last time we were here. since october 2015 [my last blog post] i've:
- completed a 21 day cleanse - no sugar, no dairy, no wheat, no alcohol. no meat either, but I've been vegetarian for 15 years, so that part was easy. i lost 8 pounds - but i wasn't doing it to lose weight. the cleanse inspired me to move forward without sugar, dairy and wheat 80% of the time. for the other 20% - i mean, the weekend was totally made for pizza and wine.
- revamped my beauty routine. hello coconut oil, bye bye makeup - atleast for the most part. i am now a mascara and lipgloss to the office gal. hold the red lip and foundation for special occasions.
- road tripped big sur and drank some wine in napa with my boo.
- took a two week trip through italy [from florence to tuscany to rome to amalfi coast].
- pondered my purpose - what do i want to be when i grow up? [farmer, hotelier, contractor, intimate event planner, and author soon come?]
- bought and halfway read the beekeeper's bible. i guess you could add #beekeeperlindsey to above. uh huh honey.
- been on an elusive hunt for the perfect mom jean.
- skied some pretty awful east coast slope conditions [ugh for booking 3 vermont trips 6 months in advance].
- turned over our rental to a new tenant [who we love and hope stays forever].
- lived the "single life" as ryan grew a business AND attended real estate school at night.
- worked on being present and in the moment - getting quite good at it. phone down, spirit up.
- made life road maps and timelines and lists and goals and realized this outlet is part of all of those - so here i am.
welcome back and thanks for joining me and continuing to join me on this beautiful journey.