I’m obsessed, obsessed (like double obsessed) with kimonos for spring/summer. If you know me, you know my style gets a bit more bohemian when summer rolls around (I used to be a full on, year round free people wearer). In the summer, I enjoy being out and about in nature; hiking, boating – and of course - picnicking... you know, #boholife.
It seems like every summer I get hooked on a particular fashion item and build my wardrobe off of that. Three years ago it was tie dye. WHAT’S UP! Two years ago it was turban headbands – worn well, often, and in every imaginable color under the sun. Last year it was bathing suits – expensive bathing suits.
This year it is ALL about the kimono. I’ve already purchased 2 for our spring break trip to Bali, but have a long list/pinterest board of additionals that need to be ordered (and the list is still growing - exponentially).
True life: this summer if you see me, I will be rocking a kimono. Here is how I am picturing/daydreaming about wearing them:
- Kimono over bathing suit. Duh. They’re the new cover up.
- Kimono over bodycon dress.
- Kimono over solid monotone pant and tank with platforms (ex: white jeans, white tank, beige platforms + kimono or black jeans, black tank, black platforms + kimono.)
Realistically, the possibilities are endless (kimono on kimono, anyone?). Below I've shared links to the kimonos pictured above (the first 2 already have a home in my closet).
KIMONOS HYPERLINKED BELOW:
- Free People Ikat Hooded Poncho
- Planet Blue Topanga Kimono
- Urban Outfitter's Ecote Crinkle Square Kimono Jacket
- The Oxford Trunk Embroidered Kimono
- Free People Woven Fringe Poncho
- The Oxford Trunk Mary Kate Kimono
- Top left image found on Pinterest (not sure where to buy)
Your Kimono Dragon,