Dear Fellow Power Bitches,
It has been one week since I last posted. Do you want to know why? Because I am f*cking busy. You know how you know when you’re busy? When “wash hair” is on your Tuesday night to-do list. And no, I won’t divulge the last time that I washed it. Let’s just say, dry shampoo is a life saver. I do, however, feel the need to clarify and assure you that I am not gross. I promise I shower daily – mostly because I have to (I’m addicted to hot yoga). But, I mean, have you ever blown out hair that’s halfway down your back in sections? It is time consuming… to say the least. AND you're not able to multi-task AKA chat on the phone, check instagram, or respond to emails while doing it.
(Please note: regularly scheduled blowout appointments are in my near future.)
I’d also like to share that I am writing this post as I am on hold (iPhone on speaker playing and re-playing “we value you as a customer” on low volume) with a car service trying to book back-and-forth rides to the airport for an upcoming vacation, while tweeting and texting my co-worker about what we are packing for tomorrow’s business trip – all from my kitchen counter as I cook (ok, prepare) dinner.
24 hours just never seems like enough, but as I’ve been reminded on instagram and facebook a ^%&%load of times this week, I have the same amount of hours in a day as Beyonce. Which is obviously why I feel the need to do 3 bajillion things at once – including writing this post.
I have it “all” together and run a pretty tight ship – err, life – but how does one add more to the hustle list when it’s already quite full?
I strategize my week every Sunday, which I am now happily able to do at my power bitch desk.
1. What nights do I have plans after work? Whether it be appointments, drinks with friends, etc.
2. Answering number 1 leads to whether I will plan on a morning or night gym session for each day as I try to schedule in a goal number of cardio workouts and hot yoga sessions.
3. Next, what is on my to-do list? For example: write 2 blog posts, call a lawyer, book ski trip, buy engagement gift, and on, and on, and on.
4. What am i looking forward to on the weekend? Because there MUST be a payoff for all the week's hard work.
5. ....Do I sound crazy yet? Yeah, I am. OK, I’ll stop.
Just saying, proper planning helps your hustle – especially when there is ONLY a mere 24 hours in your day. Oh, and it doesn’t hurt to learn how to effectively multitask.